Good news and bad news...good news first is that there are no cysts and i can start my cycle. The whole appt was rushed so i wasn't completely impressed with them today. The nurse did my u/s which took all of 5 secs. I don't think she even checked my lining. She counted quickly and the right ovary has 9-10 and the left has 3-4. So maybe 14 to start with. This I was happy about. They gave me follistim and lupron. When she told me the dosage i almost died...she said 300u of follistim 5u of lupron starting tomorrow night...I asked her why I was on the same dosage that i was on for iui and she said because i responded really well to that. I agree but for an iui I responded well not for ivf!! The last iui i had an fsh of 7.2 and yes i took right off and they had to decrease my dosage leaving me with 4-5 follies. I want more than that for ivf don't i?? So on the long ride home i just felt so depressed. I paid for the cycle today and i feel like they aren't giving me a chance to even have a successful cycle.
The bad news...when i got home i logged onto their system (really cool..i can see all my results etc) and the bloodwork was already there...all of my levels look great except for my fsh. It's 10.4. I just couldn't believe it. 2yrs ago my very first iui had an fsh of 13.5. I chaulked it up to being very stressed which i was...after that the next few were in the mid 9's....then i went to CNY and the first iui i did there my fsh was 8.2 and on my 2nd and last iui (#6) it was 7.2. I have been feeling so good about that number and i've been taking wheatgrass, royal jelly and maca to help with egg quality. This number just hit me like a ton of bricks. I started to cry and called dh. He calmed me down as usual..he's so good like that but I can't shake this feeling of doom. I wish i could.
At least my AFC was around 14 that is a good sign and my E2 was 60 which is normal. I should be grateful for that i guess.
Next u/s is Nov 25th. I never got a call from the nurse today about my levels so i couldn't ask her if they were going to increase my dose. SO tomorrow i will call them to see if we should.
Sumer - I had Sheila today. She was nice but rushed through everything...i felt slighted. Overall i do like the place. What hotel did you stay in when you went to Syracuse for ER? I am also doing the grant. Thanks!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well you stim longer for an IVF cycle, so thats prob. why they are starting you off at the same dose. Plus its better to start slow..they can always adjust if need be.
SO excited for you!!
Thanks Lisa!! I am freakin out over here!!!
I was only on 150iu of gonal f so I am sure 300 of follitism is fine. You stim longer for IVF. At my baseline they didn't tell me much either. They do measure the lining at each appointment but I don't think they told me what it is..... I think it is under the flowsheet part of EIVF portal... under endo. I just looked up mine and it doesn't appear they wrote it down every time but I know they took the measurement because I watched the screen. They really didn't tell me anything at my appointments until I think my second follie check. Ask them if you want to know something - they will tell you what it is. Greta is the nurse I had yesterday. We stayed at the Comfort Inn Carrier Circle when we went to Syracuse. If you have anymore questions or anything and want to get ahold of me sooner my email is sumerrae052084@yahoo.com
Thanks Sumer!!! So very much! Greta is the nurse i've been dealing with. I kind of thought that's who you were talking about but honestly i love her!! I haven't had her for any u/s yet but i've talked to her many times through email and she has always been nice. Thanks again!!!
Post a Comment