Sunday, October 25, 2009

Feeling so emotional about ivf

Why? Who knows. Seems like i cry over alot these days. I am just trying so hard to be optimistic about this coming ivf. It's possibly our one and only chance at having a baby. I'm not sure if i'll have any to freeze and that scares me. The whole process scares me. AND we'll find out right before christmas which is going to suck if it's bad news. Then i have to spend christmas with my SIL and her almost 1 yr old (but looks like he's 6 mos old) baby and the rest of the kids. I feel like i'm doing everything possible to help it out so i guess if it doesn't work i'll at least feel like i did everything humanly possible.

My 4 yr anniversay passed on Oct 22nd and instead of being happy about being married it reminded me that it's been 4yrs of trying. I couldn't even focus on the hey i've been married to the greatest man on earth for 4 yrs!!! IF has just been such a big part of the last 2-3 years of our marriage. Thankfully our marriage is stronger than ever. We are one of the lucky ones. IF has destroyed alot of marriages...not ours...not yet anyway lol.

Well gotta get to cleaning...yeah

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Doing IVF is a tough pill to swallow, so I understand all your feelings...its exciting, and so so scary all at the same time. Just try and take it one day at a time...one step closer to baby.

About your marriage being stornger..I can relate to that too. Going through IF can really rip a marraige apart, and we were lucky enough too that it brought us closer and stronger together as a couple. So thats great that it has done the same for you too...happy belated anniversary!

Hopeful34 said...

Thank you Lisa!!! I'm not sure exactly what i'm afraid of..it working, it not working..my head is a mess lol...thanks for the response :)

WifeOfARedhead said...

Hello, just wanted to say that I'm new to IVF as well, I start my first stims next Friday. I have to agree with you in regards to everything you've just written; the scariness, the uncontrollable emotions, the strength of your own marriage and of course the impending holidays that are right around the corner.
Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. Hang in there and we'll be here to get you through it.