Sunday, June 6, 2010

One boy...one girl

This song was introduced to me by my best friend in the entire world Karin Marie Simonetty. Karin was a great girl. One of a kind. I loved her like a sister. Her family took me in and treated me like i was one of their own. I lived with Karin and her family off and on for a few years. We helped each other get through our parents divorces and the ups & downs of relationships etc. Karin wanted to be a dr someday and help sick kids. I always said she would be the dr to my kids someday. Unfortunately Karin passed away from Leukemia at 26. This was 9 years ago. It still hurts when i think about her. She was light of my life until i met my husband. I always say Karin brought him to me to fill the huge whole in my life. I was going down a path of alcoholism before i met him.

A few years later my husband and i got married on 10/22/05 (keep date in mind). For our wedding favors i made up a cd of all the songs we loved and songs that meant alot to us like the song that makes me think of Karin..There you'll be by Faith hill. I still can't listen to it today as it brings me to the most uncontrollable tears. I loved this girl so much. She was like the little sister i never had. Another one of the songs was One boy One girl because i always said we would have twins someday (it was both of our generations) and they would be one boy and one girl. The song always made me cry just thinking of the possibility. This song portrays our lives in so many ways. It was definitly love at first sight for both of us. After almost 5 years of marriage we are still very much in love.

We battled infertility for such a long time that when our FET came around we had basically given up. It was our last shot of having a baby and we were just mentally done. We took a month off and did our FET on Feb 1st. 9 days later came the positive test result. I was finally pregnant!! I couldn't believe it. We went for our first u/s and low and behold just like the song says...the dr looked up and grinned...twins. And guess what my due date is....10/22/05. When we found out it was a boy and girl this song immediately came to mind. I didn't want to post it yet until the 20wk u/s though just to be sure.

I thank Karin for these 2 miracles. I know she helped out in this like she does in so many other areas of my life. When life gets tough i think of her and how she's missing out on life altogether. It makes me so sad to know Karin is not going to see them and be a part of their lives as they would have loved her just like i do.

RIP my good friend...you are missed everyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am delurking to say congratulations on your boy and girl!
This post was a really moving one, it goes to show when something is meant to be, it really is.
I've been following you since your FET, I had mine a few weeks after yours and it brought me great hope. I am now 17 weeks pregnant with twins :)
So glad to see everything is going well for you!